Submission Criteria: Breakout sessions will be 75 minutes each
What you need to know about submitting a breakout:
- We know that building a movement starts from the ground up. We want to empower attendees with the skills and resources to make a difference in their communities and lives.
- There has been an upswing of people getting involved with issues they care about. We also know that there are many people who have been fighting on these issues for a very long time. We will seek to connect those groups and beyond. Sessions should fit within the theme of “Persistence of the Resistance: Voices, Values, and Votes.”
- We prefer intersectional breakouts that incorporate diverse perspectives.
- Panelists are encouraged to promote their sessions through social media, etc.
- If we have similar ideas that are submitted, we reserve the right to work with both submitters to include the best ideas and most diverse participants.
- Panels will be chosen by the Summit Planning Committee
- Please include in your breakout description the level of expertise recommended for audience members. For example: 101-Introductory, 201-Intermediate, 301-Expert
What to consider when submitting your breakout session:
- How does the session help the broader progressive movement? Can your campaign provide lessons for those working on other issues? Does your issue or policy discussion inspire activists to take action and provide suggestions on where to get started? What concrete skills will you offer to attendees?
- Who do you want to engage and inspire with your session?
- Have you built in interaction with the audience? The expertise in the audience is just as valuable as the presenter’s expertise.
- We are looking for breakout sessions that include next steps for attendees to engage with in their communities